REGINA, Sask. — A supervisor with SaskPower was found guilty of two counts under The Saskatchewan Employment Act and fined $28,000, in connection with a workplace death that occurred more than two years ago. On Dec. 20, 2014, a worker was electrocuted while repairing a high-voltage transmission line near Wakaw. The sentencing, which took place on March 8 of this year in Melfort Provincial Court, found Kelvin Rowlett guilty of failing to ensure, as far as was reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all workers who worked under the supervisor’s direction and for not following the SaskPower Safety Rule Book’s procedure to review and revise job-hazard identification and risk assessment when job conditions change. He also contravened clause 3-9(a) of the Act, which requires a supervisor to ensure that a jumper cable was used prior to the cutting of an energized shield wire. One additional charge was dismissed, the statement notes.